A Wisconsin company is to become the first in the US to microchip employees.

The company Three Squares Market is offering to microchip their employees. this rice grained-sized Three Square Market Microchipvalued in $300 dollars will allow you to open doors, log in to computers and buy food in the building.

50 workers had signed up to get their chip, which is a good amount of workers because Three Squares Market has a total of 85 employees.

Three Squares Market is working with a Swedish company, BioHax, in order to create a technology that can provide you the functions of a credit card or a cellphone, but the difference will be that you´ll have a microchip between your thumb and finger.

You won´t be able to be tracked, but in a future it could be possible, so right now it works just like the chip on your credit card.

Eventually the company hopes that the chip will replace everything you have in your wallet, making it easier for you, and it´s nothing invasive to your body because it takes two seconds to put the chip in your finger and it´s easy to take too.


http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40710051





Comments

  1. I would never accept to such a thing! I would feel paranoic, due to the fact that a chip is inside me. Maybe it would be easier to go shopping, but I'm not willing to take the risk of testing this technology. I would be scared of the consequences. Though it's amazing how technology has improved over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technology advances giant mind I don't doubt that maybe the major has to take one of those. It would make things much easier. But at what price? My privacy? As technology advances our privacy decreases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing to have the opportunity to see this kind of technology being developed while you are alive. I will totally put one of those! I understand that some people may feel invaded, but I always forgot were left my wallet, so it will be really helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea, thecnology has advanced very much and this is a perfect example. In my opinion, the chip could be a awesome idea for many people, but others would think that the chip is to invasive, the article says that it isn,t, but a chip inside your body could be a little weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ricardo, you couldnt be better: as technology advances, our privacy decreases! It is so amazing how technology has evolved, imagine that twenty years ago there were no cell phones and now i can call and see my sister that is in the other side of the planet! But lets take under consideration that our privacy is not that private anymore...

    ReplyDelete

  6. This is the future! As we know the technology advances faster and faster, which brings us great advantages and this chip is just an example of what awaits us in this 21st century. Personally I think it may be uncomfortable to have a chip in your body but if it could work like my cell phone and wallet, I think I would not mind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is impressive to see how the world is changing as technology devolps...The human's brain is going further and further with time. I can't even imagine how would be technology progress in a distant future. I think most people acces to these type of things because of curiousity to something new never before seen.

    ReplyDelete

  8. It is really impressive how advanced the technology is. I totally agree with this since having all those things in your hand was a hassle! Now I will have more space and it will not be a bother carrying wallet everywhere! Besides, they will not steal my wallet anymore! It's a real relief

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's really shocking how technology is advancing, I do not know if I should see it as a good thing or a bad one. I used to think it was absolutely positive, but now im starting to understand Einstein's thought, who said "I fear the day when technology surpasses mankind, we will have a generation of idiots"

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe we are already at this point of developing technology! Probably in ten more years we are already going to have a chip with all the information that exists on the earth maybe with internet included in our brains! Its also terrifying because technology is taking away our humanity and we are starting to live like robots. Don't loose your way and remember we are humans.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is amazing how technology has improved over the years. Technology is running faster and faster, probably in a few years more we will have a chip, such as this one, in our brains with all world information. In my opinion, today technology is opening new doors, but our privacy is being invaded.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is impressive how technology is advancing. I think this chip could be very helpful but the technology is becoming more powerful than humans. We need to be careful with this because one day we will be controlled by technology. I wouldnt accept this because I am scared of technology.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that is quite impressive that we have this level of technology in development right now. I belive that in the future everything that we have on our phone could be trasspassed into a chip of this sort. Just like contact lensses it may feel uncomfortable at first but as soon as you get used to it the chip will be very useful.

    ReplyDelete

  14. Progress in tecnology is always good news. However when this implies an actual invasion of individuals' personal spaces (like putting a microchip on our body), it might end with the total control of our movements, decisions and thoughts (even if they tell us the aren't doing it).

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is extraordinary how technology is evolving! Now, I think that this new technology can be very shocking to us like cellphones were some years ago to past generations. This chips, will be improved and I think that, with the time I would accept it because you have to adaptate to the new technologies and to the world improvements.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everyday technology surprice me more. I feel amazed with new technology, and this I think it totally worth 300 dollars. With this, work will be much easier, not too many people will accept it immediately, but with time, they will want it too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think this "chips" are a way of the Government to have more control of peoples lives, because it is introduced to us as this new artefact as something that will make your life easier but if you give up to much information the could take advantage of that and start invading your privacy for example they say that they are not tracking you and it could be a lie, but you will never know. So it starts with this innocent and life changing device that replaces your wallet but it could end up controlling even your actions or the way you think if we let them. We have to be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think that as technology is advancing really fast, is just like a chapter of Futurama in which the principal character, Fry buys a cellphone that is put in your eye, and you can see the people right there in your retina. I don't know if they took this as an inspiration but i know by these article that this were we are going!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The construction of Trump’s Wall

What's the point of wasps?

The US Open