POPE FRANCIS VISITS CHILE


Pope Francis will travel to Chile from the 15th to the 18th of January 2018. 


The Vatican has not published the official information about the pope's itinerary in Chile but the archbishop of Santiago of Chile has revealed some locations and activities pope Francis will participate in. 

The Pope will give three speeches in three different places were thousands of pilgrims will have the pleasure to see him and hear him. On Tuesday 16 he will be in Santiago of Chile in Parque O,Higgins later on Wednesday 17 he will be in Temuco and on Thursday he will end the tour on Lobito Beach in Iquique. 

The Pope may also visit the Cathedral of Santiago, the sanctuary of Alberto Hurtado and the Pontifical Catholic University. 

In his visit the pope will also meet with the President of the republic Michelle Bachelet to talk about abortion and gay marriage both of which the state is trying to legalize. 
Moreover the pope during his visit in Temuco, where the Mapuche, an indigenous community are settled, will talk and intervene because of the historic land conflict being fought by the Mapuche who, despite having support of the Catholic Church, have showed violence against the Church. 

In my opinion the fact that the pope is coming to chile will help everyone to have a different point of view about different conflicts. On the one hand in a political aspect and also in a better relation between chileans and foreigners.   

Comments

  1. Thank you sofia for de useful information! I hope that the school organizes a way we can all go and hear him speak. I think that it's important to hear what he has to say to us because he's brilliant and a guide of god so in we try to follow what he says im sure we will have a happy life and joyful. Hope everyone can go and see him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it´s great that the Pope is coming to Chile because it´s he is great example of what being good and compassionate is. So agree with you, that is going to help chileans to expand their points of view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the best memories I have from my youth is when Pope John Paul II came to Chile and many of us went to the National Stadium to see him...I remember how I felt goosebumps all over...incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are one of many countries in the world and the pope chose to come here! We have to be thankful of this opportunity and take advantage of it. Maybe our school could organize something to see him, if I do I would like to remember the moment just like Miss Pati does.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The construction of Trump’s Wall

What's the point of wasps?

The US Open