The construction of Trump’s Wall

        Regardless the amount of us citizens (60%) that are against the building of the frontier wall, the dates are settled. The 15th of March, the requirements and demands that the companies have to include in their wall proposals, will be announced. There are more than 600 companies interested in being part of building the wall that will divide Mexico and the United States. In the basic obligations, they are asked to prototype a concrete wall of almost 10 meters (30 feet) and that they follow the requirements of the esthetics, anti-climbing and resistance to the manipulation or damage.

       Based on recent studies, we know that most of the illegal immigrants enter the country by plane, as tourists, and staying longer than what they were allowed by their visas. Also, since Trump is president, the number of illegal captured immigrants has diminished in a 36% compared to February in 2016. All of this tells us, that the building of this wall, would be a complete loss of money (21.600 million us dollars), instead of using it to strengthen the control in airports or in the visa regulations.

       One of Trump’s motivations to build this, is because he believes Mexicans and the other immigrants are the ones that commit the crimes by killing people and by leaving many widows and moms without their children. Considering that, one of the things that caused more impact, is the number of Hispanic people that are willing to build the wall. One in every ten of these companies belong to a Latin and they defend their posture saying that: “it is a waste of time but, I defend their right to be stupid and if they want a wall, I will give them the best one”.


      In my opinion, the building of this wall will be a waste of a huge amount of money on something that it will be only a stupid expensive monument. There is no reason to be spending this kind of money when the illegal immigrants enter the country not by the land frontier and because, the ones that enter through there, have diminished in an important percentage.

Comments

  1. I agree with your opinion, Asunción, the wall is a very bad idea and a huge waste of money, therefore, what Trump should do is to spend that amount of money in other ways to prevent illegal entry of people to United States, for example in more border agents, improvement in the technology of border crossings, airports, and even in ports.
    Also, I believe that Trump must carefully investigate the current situation of illegal immigration, and review all the murders committed in the last decade, to confirm if indeed the majority of the murders are the work of Mexicans and illegal immigrants.
    To conclude my comment, I believe that Trump's ideas and projects, especially this one, should be based on the opinions of his country, of the American citizens, and not only of his own, so if most Americans are in disagree, Trump should not complete this project.

    Hirmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can it be that most Americans desagree with the idea of "the wall" if they voted for Trump? During the campaign, Trump really emphasized the idea of this wall that is why I think there is something wrong about saying that most Americans desagree with "the famous wall" because Trump was democratically elected, that means that most people who voted for him wanted this wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the thing is that in united states the voting system is different. it is not based on how many votes for one or for the other, it is about the different states and the amount of population in each. Also, many voted for Trump thinking that he wouldn't be able to build it.

      Delete
  3. I agree with your opinion about how illogical "The Wall" problem seems to be. But to be honest, I think this is just the top of the iceberg of the political crisis, that not just the United States but many parts of the world are living nowadays.
    Today citizes are starting to vote for this "characters", as Donald Trump, that consist on extravagant people, who leave the traditional model of a politician, this model that is old and over used.
    So, the real problem is the construction of the wall, or the construction of a new political era in wich people look for changes and progress in some "characters"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that the idea of a wall to saparate U.S.A from Mexico is absolutly out of sense, is a waste of money and time. He could use that amount of money to improve education, to help homeless poeple or trying to create a system that help ilegal people becoming legal people.
    we all know that the problem of ilegal people could be annoying but first of all, looking from an economic point of view they are part of U.S.A economy and instead of segregate them, he could try to find the way to include them that will cause an improvement of the economy. Second, we fight every day for the human rights, and this action break those rights.
    In conclusion, I think that the 40% of U.S.A citizens are voting with out knowing the effects that this wall will cause

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems that Trump doesn't know anything about the benefits of globalization within the countries. The construction of the wall will have a terrible impact in their economy, the labor costs will increase and the tourism income decrease, besides the expenses asociated to the construction and maintenance of this one

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you Asunción. The wall won't stop illegal immigrants entre to USA but maybe the wall doesn't have only the purpose of stopping immigration but also maybe he wants to build it as a turist attraction and to show the world how powerful USA is. Maybe his hidden purpose is to build a "second Chinese wall".

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to add something. It will cost a lot of millions to build it but also they need to pay all the years to keep the wall in good conditions, so more money to waste. Why the countries need to be separeted by a big wall? Trump wants to do this for the illegal immigrants but also I think he wants to feel with more power. The economy of the country will become worse

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you Asunción.Spending all that money on "the wall" is a waste of time because this "wall" will be maintained with the money of the country and that is not a low sum of money. I just like you think that the money should be used to add more security at airports or in the visa regulations. Also building this will reduce the great economy that the United States has.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think building the wall should not be a priority for the US government because they have internal problems that need to be solved sooner, like for example: the huge amount of veterans that are currently homeless or that roughly 30% of the US citizens can't aford healthcare. So I believe that the US should use the wall money to try to potentially save lives rather than try to stop some Mexicans from doing the jobs Americans don't want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with you Asunción. It doesn´t have any sense to build a giant wall to stop illegal immigration instead of improving airport and visa regulations. It is a complete waste of money. Illegal immigration is a huge problem among the US, and if the government has different ways to solve it, they should choose the most effective one which is increasing both airport and visa's system security for all countries, not just for Mexico or hispanic countries (as president Trump thinks Hispanics are mostly the "bad citizens" for the US). Imagine you are in a boat that has holes and you are sinking; which hole would you fix first? The big one ore the smaller ones? Trump is fixing the smallest hole in his boat this time. It would be much cheaper, so the government could invest in things that their country really needs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally agree with you Asunción. It is not only a huge amount of wasted money that could be used in doing different improvements for the country, it is also a mockery of the values that characterize the U.S.A. Its society is made up of a diversity of ethnic groups and cultures that have helped shape American values, were respect and the right to equality is such an important thing. Trump will corrupt this values by doing this wall and will bring damage to the presidency, their democracy, their economy and America's place in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with you Asunción. The building of this wall will be a huge waste of money and time. It won´t stop illegal inmigration.I also read that "Immigrants create jobs", they are almost twice as likely to start a business as native americans. Trump should invest these 21600 million us dollar on airports and visa regulation.
    Nowadays, we should not build walls, we should build bridges.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats 12thB...the level of your comments is what I expected! Keep up the good job! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree with you Asunción. That the Wall will be a " huge amount of money " as you said, and also that USA have other things more importants to spend money on, but there is something I do not agree with you. You said that the illegal immigrants are mostly the one's that stay longer what they were allowed by their visas, but they are not so illegal, because they enter the country in a "legal way", the really illegal one's are those that enter in the back of a truck hiding themselves from the international police, not the one's that go as tourist.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree with you Asunción .I think that the idea of the wall is pretty illogical as some say here that finally that not stop migrants always it sought a new way of entering the country. And the trial of Trump has exercised, it is very nationalist since the theorizes that United States is not at its best because of immigrants, and other factors. Trump is not looking for the problem in the right place.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree with you, Asunción, but I think that the wall should be raised so all the americans that voted for Donald Trump realize he was the worst candidate. If the wall is not built the desire of making one will still be among the group of people that supports the idea, and in my opinion is better to make the mistake than keeping the idea that building a wall to separate U.S.A. from Mexico is the best way to stop illegal inmigration.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I totally agree with you Asunción, but there has to be a solution to the problem. There can not be that number of illegal immigrants in the United States, there has to be a solution to this issue. They should implement more protection, more guards, a little more security. The wall is a very drastic proposal, I hope they reach a healthy and good solution, benefiting both countries.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I agree with you Asunción. Apart from all the resources used and wasted time that are required to build such a wall, it will also bring severe consequences to the social and political treatment between the US and Mexico. The frontier will become a center of violence where these two great nations will fight every day. The political leaders will be forced to make decisions in response to the position of their neighbor that eventually, will bring more consequences. It does not make sense to continue with a project that will only bring confusion, fear and hate on both sides of the border.

    ReplyDelete
  22. i agree with you Asunción. Not only the proyect is going to be a waste of money on the basic needs of the proyect, also because of all the confrontations that are going to be during the construction. Those confrontations will requier more personal, more equipment, and there are going to make the construccion last longer, increasing the waste of money and also increasing the violence on the border. Also I think that this wall might start confrontations with other countries that will support one of those countries, so, in summery, I think that in any case the waste of money its going to be huge.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's the point of wasps?

The US Open